- To ensure that everybody has access to the internet with a speedy connection.
- To ensure access to a computer, to assist with access to employment, housing, benefits.
- To devise and deliver a programme of basic computer skills over the year, based on identified individual needs.
- To provide resources and advice on accessing training and education, with a goal to enhance employment opportunities.
Support provided by staff and volunteers
- Enabling guests to develop their ability to live independently and sustain a tenancy
- Develop and maintain guests involvement initiatives within the Mission and the local community
- Budgeting skills
- Job applications
- Benefits applications
- Meaningful occupation in managing and sustaining a tenancy
- Assist the guests in developing and maintaining family and social networks
- Respond to needs as they arise, to deliver a pro active service.
We built a dedicated computer suite in 2019. We began with 6 donated PC's, which were a little slow and with small screens.
We have since aquired funds to upgrade these to brand new Apple Macs, with high-res large screens and very fast processors. Giving a far better experience.
All data is removed from the computers between users, ensuring security of data and privacy.